Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent Saturday out on the Rocky Run trails, (Second Mountain and Dictum Ridge trails) and here are a couple of videos. I went out with a friend who was on a motorcycle, and we both had a blast. There was still a little ice, but it was mostly clear. Lots of nice little puddles, with a couple that were fairly decent in size. All were easily manageable. We didn't see anyone on the trails themselves....but we did see that some folks had shown up while we were there. We never saw them tho. We stayed only on the two trails that were open to motor vehicles, and ran them down to the locked gates where they hit private property, then turned around and rode them back up. The videos are on the way back up from both trails. I led going down to bust up the ice, and I had the map. Then my friend on the bike took the lead on the way up. Beautiful day overall!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk--WvNrRg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12PPJd8VKPU

·
Registered
33 Posts
We tried to get up to second mountain off of 33 coming out of Harrisonburg but the direction we had took us up a dirt road. Then we came upon a locked gate. Can you supply direction? Thanks!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We tried to get up to second mountain off of 33 coming out of Harrisonburg but the direction we had took us up a dirt road. Then we came upon a locked gate. Can you supply direction? Thanks!
Yes...you have to come in from the top...both trails are locked at the bottom.

You need to go up Long Run Rd... which is FR72, I believe. It starts at Hopkins Gap Rd (612) and the entrance is right next to the Gospel Hill Mennonite Church. If you find that church on the map, you will find your starting point.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

A is the church, B is the top of the trail system where you can access both Dictum Ridge and Second Mountain trails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts