Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent the past week on drummond island and i am very pleased with how well my jeep preformed however, id like to get some more armor. im looking to get an engine/trans skid, dif covers, an evap skid and rock rails. how much air gets in between the engine skid? i drive long distances to get to trails, parks and sand dunes. im leaning towards rock rails from ACE engineering, and canister and engine from JCR off road since i can drive to both and pick them up, but what do you all think? where have you gone? and are you happy with the performance?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
We don't have any motor skids yet, so I can't comment on those, but we LOVE our ACE sliders with Rubi rails.

Very sturdy and the Rubi rails just make the whole setup look complete, besides the added protection. I'd say you can't go wrong with the ACE! :thumb:

Only one issue... The powder coat on the ACE rails started wearing off VERY quickly, just from shoes rubbing getting in and out of the jeep. Luckily that can be repaired with bedliner, it just stinks that it happened SO quickly. :(

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! i was wondering about sliders as well, thought it would give it nice boost in protection

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts