Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad is flying in from NJ and wants me to take hin out wheeling. OBVOUSILY i dont want to go alone 1) just stupid 2) i just moved out here only been on one trail (lastchance/nightmaregultch) i was thinking cleghorm. but am up for ideas. it just needs to be a day run on either day sat or sun. so whos wants in?

·
Registered
142 Posts
MNTNGOAT said:
My dad is flying in from NJ and wants me to take hin out wheeling. OBVOUSILY i dont want to go alone 1) just stupid 2) i just moved out here only been on one trail (lastchance/nightmaregultch) i was thinking cleghorm. but am up for ideas. it just needs to be a day run on either day sat or sun. so whos wants in?
Can you run the 31st or First??

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am up to hitting a trail either day but gotta plan it out I have friends that will be out in Johnson Valley if ya want to run out there!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no well yes i can go if i dont work. idk where johnson valley is. but on the other hand i need a run to do sometime between the 25 and 31st thats when my dad will be here.

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
I might be up for a Cleghorn run on the 28th, I am off on vacation the whole week, but we might be heading outof town Thursday & Friday.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have u ever run cleghorn cause i have not so it would be nice to have someone that has run it b4.

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
Put me down as a maybe if you don't mind a noob joining you.

I have done 1 off road run and it happened to be Cleghorn with Bill and some other guys from here. Hopefully I'll have at least 1 more run done by then. I haven't tried out my new wheels yet! :)

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
Yeah, Cleghorn is a good all purpose trail and can be run from easy to difficult based on what you are looking for. Rick (suicideking) ran it on his 1st day with the new JK and did great. I am good for tomorrow, but installing the tank skid on Thursday.

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
Put me down as a maybe if you don't mind a noob joining you.

I have done 1 off road run and it happened to be Cleghorn with Bill and some other guys from here. Hopefully I'll have at least 1 more run done by then. I haven't tried out my new wheels yet! :)
Still havent broken in those new wheels?? You must....

·
I do my own stunts.
3,019 Posts
The time it gives seems a bit long....the 1st time I think we did every spur on the trail and were done in 4 hrs.
You could blow through Cleghorn in a couple hours doing most of the offshoots if you wanted to and have the right group. We took our time on this trip, enjoyed the scenery and took lots of pictures. Most of us did most of the offshoots. I think one person did all the offshoots. There were newbies and stock rigs, quite a bit of spotting and coaching was needed, and we also spent some time goofing off at the power tower, and also took a bit of a break for lunch up on top.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
You could blow through Cleghorn in a couple hours doing most of the offshoots if you wanted to and have the right group. We took our time on this trip, enjoyed the scenery and took lots of pictures. Most of us did most of the offshoots. I think one person did all the offshoots. There were newbies and stock rigs, quite a bit of spotting and coaching was needed, and we also spent some time goofing off at the power tower, and also took a bit of a break for lunch up on top.
I remember doing this run with you. I took my mom with me on the run. She still talks about it with fond memories. LOL.

Jeff

·
Read Only
2,599 Posts
So the run today didnt work out for everyone, and I am heading out for a local afternoon trail. I will be doing Cleghorn on Saturday and will be at the trailhead off of the 15 at 930 am. I am making the run regardless of attendance, but would be more than happy to have company. Let me know so I /we dont leave without you. Hope you can make it!
Bill

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Gone for the weekend or else I would join you. I have not been out since the last time we were up there in the clouds and cold.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This sat or the 28th sat? Cause i still need someone to run with me that knows cleghorn on the 28th

1 - 20 of 90 Posts