Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We saw these on a rig at the Jamboree and just ordered a set. These are magnetic panels that you can install before wheeling and remove at your convenience. They have them in colors and they will custom design them to your spec. Good product and will protect your sides from pin striping. We did not order the panel for the hood, but they do have one available.

The name is Trai Skinz with a Z there are cheeper other brands but they are a self adhesive type which I would stay away from. trailskinz.com is the site

Attachments

Reactions: Can_uck

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We ordered the Matt black ones and intend to just run them while wheeling. They looked relly good on the rig we saw at Palo. Magnetics seem to hold moisture and collect dirt underneath so removing them and cleaning is a good idea.

Looking forward to them

·
Registered
200 Posts
One of the guys in our off road club has them and I was considering getting them but I was waiting for some feedback. I was wondering if they would come off easily if hooked by a branch. Also, I don't think you could drive on the highway with these on. I would think that they would blow off.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy we met at the Jamboree told us he had ran his up the highway and they were on his Jeep when he open trailered it for several hundred miles. He had nothing but praise for them, thus we ordered them. We have magnetic company LOGOs on all our work vehicles and it is the same material. The only problem that i see and it's not really an issue is the moisture and dust accumulation if left in place for weeks at a time. Ours will only be in place for weekend trips into wheeling country.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just put our trail skinz on and must say I like em. Easy to put on and easy to remove. Should cut down on trail rash....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We liked them even better than we thought we would. They have some weight to them and you can actually feel a difference in the weight of the door as you go to pull it closed, the doors sound more solid. Pretty cool so far.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Keep us informed. I've ordered a set for my JKU and once I get them and have a chance to try them out, I will be sure to give a review.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Can these be cut to fit Jeeps with rear corner armor?

I'm thinking of getting a set, but does anyone know or has anyone cut these to fit? I have the rear corner armor and would need to cut them to fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts