Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that wrecked his jeep. He has a traildash that he wants to sell me for cheap. by cheap i mean half off. Would it actually do anything for me. I see that people say with tires and gears itll help. I have tires and gears and an intake and throttle body and spacer.

Should i buy it?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
What's a traildash?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,399 Posts
100% waste of $$$. Which is why he wants to sell it for so cheap rather than use it on his replacement Jeep.

·
Registered
351 Posts
100% waste of $$$. Which is why he wants to sell it for so cheap rather than use it on his replacement Jeep.
Gotta disagree with you Jer. Just bought one for myself and love it. Opens up a whole lot of options for the JKURX. Not sure what it will do for a regular JK but I love mine. Backup camera could be a little better but it works.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,399 Posts
I wouldn't even consider it, especially for what you'd really get for that $480. To me it's a gimmick that is overpriced for the small amount of utility it brings. If I had $480 burning a hole in my pocket, I can sure think of a lot of things that I'd buy that would really help significantly.

And where performance is concerned, such "tuners" by Federal EPA law can only affect the programming/timing/fuel mixture at Wide-Open Throttle and near redline RPMs. Not exactly where how most adults drive their Jeeps.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I wouldn't even consider it, especially for what you'd really get for that $480. To me it's a gimmick that is overpriced for the small amount of utility it brings. If I had $480 burning a hole in my pocket, I can sure think of a lot of things that I'd buy that would really help significantly. And where performance is concerned, such "tuners" by Federal EPA law can only affect the programming/timing/fuel mixture at Wide-Open Throttle and near redline RPMs. Not exactly where how most adults drive their Jeeps.
Still disagree, I spend a lot of time on the trails and the beach. With my Rubi you could only disconnect the sway bar in 4lo, you could also only lock the front and rear axels in 4lo. Now I can use both in 4hi but it also has safety in mind and will only work below 30mph. Also having the ability to turn off the irritating TPMS' is an outstanding function and having a backup camera can save your child or grand child's life! I think with those 4 outstanding features $500 is a drop in the bucket!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Still disagree, I spend a lot of time on the trails and the beach. With my Rubi you could only disconnect the sway bar in 4lo, you could also only lock the front and rear axels in 4lo. Now I can use both in 4hi but it also has safety in mind and will only work below 30mph. Also having the ability to turn off the irritating TPMS' is an outstanding function and having a backup camera can save your child or grand child's life! I think with those 4 outstanding features $500 is a drop in the bucket!
None of those features are available on a TJ. We do not have computer controlled gimmicks like TPMS and sway bar disconnects.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I think you guys are talking about two very different products....
Post is for Traildash.....that is what I am talking about. There is a lot more to this unit than being a tuner. I spent a long time researching the correct one for my JK and I picked this unit because all of its features. I have also had a flashpac for my TJ (which had very few features) but it did increase performance of my 4.0. Makes a huge difference running 31 to 35 tires and using 5th gear on the highway. The Cortex model I use in my Hummer is an unbelievable performance gain. Remember Horse Power has much less effect as ft #'s adding 30 ft. #'s to an engine the size of a 4.0 is a BIG impact. I have yet to EVER experience any problems with a Superchips product. I have checked into all of the others and the reviews are just not out there!

·
Registered
351 Posts
None of those features are available on a TJ. We do not have computer controlled gimmicks like TPMS and sway bar disconnects.
You don't have factory Dana 44's with lockers either......unless you are sporting a 03 to 06 Rubicon. Don't be a hater, I have a TJ sitting in my drive also...and I have to manually disconnect my swaybar too.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,399 Posts
You don't have factory Dana 44's with lockers either......unless you are sporting a 03 to 06 Rubicon. Don't be a hater, I have a TJ sitting in my drive also...and I have to manually disconnect my swaybar too.
What is bugging people is you are pushing a product whose features are either better suited to or only available for a JK as you have. We are in the TJ forum here. I can only say that your recommendations are suitable for JK forum, not the TJ forum. TJs and JKs are two different beasts which have different issues and traits which is why there are separate TJ and JK forums.

·
Registered
351 Posts
What is bugging people is you are pushing a product whose features are either better suited to or only available for a JK as you have. We are in the TJ forum here. I can only say that your recommendations are suitable for JK forum, not the TJ forum... two different beasts.
Didn't notice it was a TJ forum......wouldn't by the titled "Traildash" for a TJ.....complete waste of money. I can say from personal experience the Flashpac is a very good unit for the 4.0......if you are sporting a 2.5 forget it...nothing will help

1 - 18 of 18 Posts