Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a Traildash Superchip? I'm waiting to get one but I don't know much about programmers

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have the traildash on my 2014 rubi.
love the ability to lock my lockers in 2wd and 4wd high.
As far as power. I e-mailed superchips and they told me an increase in 20 hp and 21 foot pounds of torq on 87 tune however I don`t really think it gives that much. the throttle response is much more responsive and tranny shifts slightly firmer.
any specific questions and I will try to answer had traildash for about 9 months now.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts
As far as power. I e-mailed superchips and they told me an increase in 20 hp and 21 foot pounds of torq on 87 tune however I don`t really think it gives that much. the throttle response is much more responsive and tranny shifts slightly firmer.
any specific questions and I will try to answer had traildash for about 9 months now.
Not really questions. Just wanted opinions. I have a 13 rubi and automatic and have heard good things. Just ordered it. Should be here Wednesday

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I am using one in my 2014 Rubicon. I really like it. It took me a couple of try's to get the speedo right, measure your tires, and then set it. Silly me, I thought I bought 35" tires, but really they are closer to 34". I really like the tranny temp, that is great to be able to see that while out on the trail. I haven't tried some of the other features like 2014rubicon, but I like it and have been using it for a few months.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts
I am using one in my 2014 Rubicon. I really like it. It took me a couple of try's to get the speedo right, measure your tires, and then set it. Silly me, I thought I bought 35" tires, but really they are closer to 34". I really like the tranny temp, that is great to be able to see that while out on the trail. I haven't tried some of the other features like 2014rubicon, but I like it and have been using it for a few months.

Since you have a 2014 how do you deal with it when you have to go in for warranty work at the dealer and have you had any problems with him saying something to you about it

·
Registered
299 Posts
I return my 2014 rubi to stock Before I take it in for services..
I really think it is worth every penny.
the traildash has 91 and 93 octane tunes I haven`t tried yet.
also has a Crawl tune.
I have also raised my top speed limiter up so it no longer stops at 99mph..
unit also has performance logger. you can do your 0-60 times. 1/4 mile times; and records the fastest top speed you have been.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts
I return my 2014 rubi to stock Before I take it in for services..
I really think it is worth every penny.
the traildash has 91 and 93 octane tunes I haven`t tried yet.
also has a Crawl tune.
I have also raised my top speed limiter up so it no longer stops at 99mph..
unit also has performance logger. you can do your 0-60 times. 1/4 mile times; and records the fastest top speed you have been.

Awesome. Good to know. :thumb

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I haven't taken it in for service, but I am going to take it to a dealer that is close to me that does lifts and is a Jeep friendly dealership. But I like 2014rubicon's idea of returning it to stock before taking it in.

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts

Well installed the traildash last night. Updated it first on the pc. Hooked it to the obd port and chose the 87 tune. Took it out today loaded with 3 decent sized people including me and holy crap feels like a different jeep. Much better throttle response better shifts and has more get up and go now with my 35's. I'm impressed. So far my mpg has improved too. Liking this device. Thanks again 2015 rubicon for your opinion. This device really works especially for the autos

(Wavey)

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,093 Posts
Question about fuel economy though. I filled up after installing tune. Reset both the traildash fuel economy gauge and the jeep evic. Right now the Superchips is reporting 2mpg better than the jeep evic. I set the correct tire size in and the speedometer is correct with my phone gps. So my question is which is correct. Traildash or EVIC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts