Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched a youtube video where they tested the towing of the JT and they mentioned that there were no trailer brakes YET. Do you think they will add them? Do Tacoma's have them? I always thought of that as a 1/2ton 3/4ton thing. But I guess the JT is playing in the same game as some 1/2tons.

·
Super Moderator
23,167 Posts
pretty sure you can get a brake controller for it.

·
Super Moderator
23,167 Posts
Yeah, they used a wireless one they added in the video. I just meant if they'd be introducing one that is factory.
yea that is pretty crazy considering the JL can be ordered with one. Really does not make any sense that the JT has a much higher tow capacity yet no factory controller.

·
Premium Member
9,880 Posts
I watched a youtube video where they tested the towing of the JT and they mentioned that there were no trailer brakes YET. Do you think they will add them? Do Tacoma's have them? I always thought of that as a 1/2ton 3/4ton thing. But I guess the JT is playing in the same game as some 1/2tons.
It’s supposed to come with it later in the year...

·
Administrator
12,501 Posts
I always liked a stand along brake controller. that way if something happened I just slap a new one in there.. vs some factory system I might have to wait on a dealer to fix. Or just use a u-haul auto transport/trailer with surge brakes(?) and problem solved.

·
Registered
821 Posts
They are talking about a Factory added option, you can add a aftermarket brake controller to any vehicle with a brake light or pedal or hand grip.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
The factory brake controller is listed as "late availability" for the JT.

I have never seen one in a JL from the factory.

As mentioned you can buy an aftermarket one and install it right now. If you have the towing package, it's plug and play with the correct adapter.

Reactions: WaltA
1 - 8 of 8 Posts