Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a '12 JK and I need to install a hitch. All along my intention was to add an OEM hitch, then I started looking at the uhaul hitch.
The OEM attaches to the center only, and the uhaul attaches on the outside of the frame.

Is there any benefit to the uhaul hitch? Possibly better protection or recovery?

Thx.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Get the OEM.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The u-haul hitch attaches at the center just like the factory hitch. They probably just have a stock photo of a random hitch on their website but if you look at the instructions its 4 bolts in the middle, no arms out to the frame rails.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The u-haul hitch attaches at the center just like the factory hitch. They probably just have a stock photo of a random hitch on their website but if you look at the instructions its 4 bolts in the middle, no arms out to the frame rails.
This is what I'm seeing. Numerous people are advertising hitches like this and stating that it is a u-haul product.

Trailer Hitch

·
Banned
7,743 Posts
Anyone know if you can mount a hitch receiver on the passenger side? Don't have my jeep here to look if I can weld one on and won't for a few days.

I have two Catrikes and I'd like to put the mount outboard with a swivel so I can swing it out along with the tire and gate if I can find someone to fab what I design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts