Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a '97 tj, do the taillights plug together? on several p.u.'s i've owned, the taillight harness plugs together(separating right and left sides). you can then plug in a connector with a trailer harness attached. just wondering if there is a similar set-up for my jeep, so i can hook up my trailer lights.
thanks-dave

·
Registered
298 Posts
I added a hitch and towing light harness to my 2005 LJ. I used something similar to this: Tow Ready Custom Fit Vehicle Wiring for the Jeep TJ, 1997 (as found on a variety of searches for wrangler tow light harness) The T-one connector installed relatively easily and I then used the 4-prong flat plug and a seperate auxilliary power (w/ applicable relay switch & universal controller harness, etc) to convert to a 7-prong round plug so I could use electric trailer brakes and a controller. Of course if you onlyneed the 4 prong its that much quicker. Again, a couple of quick searches for wiring schmatics and the directions with each compenent enabled a short afternoon project. I use the LJ for increase to 3500lb tow capacity and tow a 2400lb tent trailer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replies.
i plan to pull a small flatbed firewood trailer. may also pull a 1200 lb. casita camping trailer, but not alot.
dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts