Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short...I think I am having a ground problem. :banghead:

The back story is that all my rear lights work fine, but when I connect my trailer lights the driver's side turn indicator does not work on the trailer but works fine on the Jeep. I know the trailer is fine because I have checked it with another vehicle.

My 2005 LJ has what looks like a factory tow-bar and 7 wire connector. My trailer has a 4 wire connector so I have to use a plug in adapter. I checked all wiring underneath and it looks fine. I thought the adapter might be causing the issue so I bought a new 4 wire kit that plugs directly into a tail light connector. Simple to hook up but when connected to my driver's side it reverses the trailer turn lights. When I hook it up to the passenger side everything works except the driver's side turn indicator.

My experience tells me that when crazy things happen like that it has to be a ground, but I can't figure out where it would be.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I would pull the rear tailights and check for any corrosion. Clean the bulb contacts and even mounting screws if remotely corroded. Those ground to the tub. Have you also check for voltage at the plug with blinkers on?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts