Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm getting ready to move back to TX and now that I'm a Jeeper, I don't have the cargo space that I used to, so if I can't fit all my stuff into the 2 Pods, I was going to pick up a small utility trailer (5x10, 2990 GVWR) to pull behind my JKU.

My question is, if I'm loading up everything tomorrow and leaving Monday to drive straight to TX, will I get harassed for having an un-registered trailer on TX highways?

I'll keep the receipt with me so I figure I'll be ok, I even have TX plates on my Jeep so I figure they'll be lenient.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Benjy

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Won't you get a paper plate from where ever you buy it from?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went ahead & picked up a trailer tonight, Pods are getting full and I'd rather have propane & gas jugs on a trailer than inside the Jeep with me. Pretty happy with the deal I got, 20% off for some fender dings & a busted tail light. They threw in a new light and it took me 5 minutes to install, $800 for a Carry-on 5X10GW, 2990 GVWR. Have the title & everything so I should be able to get through OK & TX just fine.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Felt like I was in the beverly hillbillies

Vehicle Transport Car Mode of transport Automotive tire

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, you look like a total Hillbilly from Burns or something. Can I borrow that trailer? Bring it up for FrostBite

1 - 7 of 7 Posts