Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
trails east side of mi

so i will be coming home around x mas time (metro detroit) and want to find some kind of trails to drive on even if i have to go up north a lil bit, were are some at? I know of the mounds but i heard thats a big mud pit, i am looking for something thats not going to beat the crap out of my jeep or have to cross water.

·
Registered
710 Posts
shanes04wrangler said:
so i will be coming home around x mas time (metro detroit) and want to find some kind of trails to drive on even if i have to go up north a lil bit, were are some at? I know of the mounds but i heard thats a big mud pit, i am looking for something thats not going to beat the crap out of my jeep or have to cross water.
I've been to Bundy hill, it's about an hour and a half west. There isn't very much mud, and you can avoid any difficult obstacles. It is well maintained, and their staff is very helpful. I had a blast when I went, and I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok will look into that thanx, yea chicago land has nothing for trails so me and my brother are looking for place for our stock tjs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am not a huge fan of offroad parks. I went to Bundy Hill recently and wasnt real impressed (however, to each their own). I prefer trail riding, for that you will have to travel over to at least the Muskegon area. If not a little further north.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Im in the metro detroit area as well, my profile picture is at the mounds, and yes its a mud pit. Only fun for a jeep you dont care about, bundy hill is more organized and better for tactical jeep driving. Both are an hour away in the opposite directions. I have more pics of the mounds if youd like to see.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea by the sound of it, The mounds is not what i am looking for. would like some trails with some obstacles. I was thinking about going some were up north but not sure where.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Fyi..Bundy is closed till Dec 15...after hunting season...jus had there last weekend

·
Grampie
783 Posts
The DNR has trail guides available. The closest are probably near West Branch in the Huron National Forest area. I haven't been there, but go on line and look for the "What Lies Beyond" Jeep club. They 're in the Metamora/Flint area and have trail rides there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool thanx, i will be searching when i go home. But now i have to install my novak shifter and rebuild my front driveshaft before i do any thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts