Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
all of 'em, then scoot over to Moab. 2 hours from my house to Moab and less to Ouray with all the trails in that area. Yeah Colorado doesn't suck. The one in my avatar is the trail to House Rock outside of Blanding Utah. House Rock is Indian Ruins under an overhang you can walk up into.

·
Registered
681 Posts
trails around Ouray are awesome but a few of our favorite are up by Crested Butte.
Pearl Pass, Crested Butte to Aspen. and Schofield Pass/Crystal Mill Rd Marble to Crested Butte... Lead King Basin can also be done as a loop with the crystal rd..
The famous Crystal Mill

Schofield Pass - next three pictures are the 1 mile trail above the Devil's Punch Bowl and at it. this area is very narrow and has limited areas to pass. I highly recommend walking it and putting a spotter so that no one has to back out... there are a lot of Quads that run this also...

Schofield Pass half way down to the Devil's Punch Bowl.. only place to pass between the bridge at the punch bowl and the top... a 1 mile stretch.
good place to put a spotter to stop traffic... ~3 jeeps could fit here..

Schofield Pass and the Devil's Punch Bowl. the trail is also very narrow for another mile below the punch bowl.. some spotting is needed there also.

Lead King Basin

Pearl Pass.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm planning a trip to Colorado at the end of next month (May 2015) and will be towing my new (to me) 1997 TJ that I got last week behind our RV. Never driven a Jeep in my life before last week :)

It's got 255/70R18 = 32.1X10.04R18 tires on it and what I think is about a 2" lift.

4.0 / with auto transmission.

Anyhow, can anybody suggest a good trail to check out in Colorado for a total newbie to drive with his family ? It'll be myself, my wife, my 4 yr old daughter and my 60 yr old mother (she's very active). Just looking for beautiful scenery more than a challenging off road trip.

Thanks for any ideas !

·
Registered
721 Posts
Anyhow, can anybody suggest a good trail to check out in Colorado for a total newbie to drive with his family ?
What part of Colorado and what time of year? During spring, a lot of trails are closed to protect them during snow melt "season".

·
Registered
35 Posts
What part of Colorado and what time of year? During spring, a lot of trails are closed to protect them during snow melt "season".
We'll be in the Denver area arriving the 23rd of May (next month)

Good to know about the closed trails, that wouldn't have occurred to me!

·
Registered
95 Posts
you could try
Illinois Gulch.. go to trail damage .com and check out colorado trails. Shoot call me when you get close and I'll take mine with ya...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts