Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I know places 40 miles north of Roanoke. Out in the Blue Ridge, in Stuart/woolwine Virginia. North Virginia I'm not sire about though.

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
there isnt much of anything in NOVA. least not that i could ever find.
there are some light trails out in the GW national forest, which is about 2 and a half hours from DC. then there is also Rausch Creek off road park in PA, which is also about 2 and a half hours away from DC.

·
Registered
405 Posts
the DC metro area has nadda when it comes to off roading unless you can talk a construction crew that is closing down for the night to let you zip around on dirt mounds for a couple turns.

·
Registered
51 Posts
There is also Greenridge state forest in western Maryland. The trails are pretty mild but very scenic and great camping!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Totally! it's a weekend event at misty mountain camp ground. It's 27$ a night to camp out which is what my girl and I are doing. We live in c'ville btw. They are suppose to have bunch of trail rides mud holes and things like that at the same time they are hold the fall festival which brings local companys in with food and live music.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just went this weekend to the main jambo right outside of Winchester at the cove. Big Dogs off road holds a couple of events there each year. You can check their website for upcoming rides. I think the next one is in april. Its a lot of fun with any type of wheelin you want to do. I myself am searching for more places in NOVA seeing that I just got my jeep a month ago and need to take it out more. I wheel now on about 300 acres in stafford. There is lots to do from mud, to hill climbs, to busting up your whole vehicle. Just depends on what your in the mood for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where in Stafford do you wheel? I live in NOVA, but I'm down in Stafford and Fredericksburg on the regular for work. Would love to be able to find some quick mud while I'm out there.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I know places 40 miles north of Roanoke. Out in the Blue Ridge, in Stuart/woolwine Virginia. North Virginia I'm not sire about though.
what place do you know of 40 miles north of roanoke? im in roanoke, i know a few around here but would like to know of more

·
Registered
1 Posts
what place do you know of 40 miles north of roanoke? im in roanoke, i know a few around here but would like to know of more
what places do you know of in roanoke, im in roanoke too and only know of a few places off to the side of the main roads, looking for some kinda trails or mud holes

·
Premium Member
28,214 Posts
Bump. Live in NOVA (by default not choice), would love to day trip to get the jeep dirty!
I live in NOVA as well, there isnt anything inside the beltway. your best bets are going to be Rausch Creek in PA(doable as a day trip, but more fun to camp over night) and some of the spots up and down 81 in the western part of VA. thats abou it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just went this weekend to the main jambo right outside of Winchester at the cove. Big Dogs off road holds a couple of events there each year. You can check their website for upcoming rides. I think the next one is in april. Its a lot of fun with any type of wheelin you want to do. I myself am searching for more places in NOVA seeing that I just got my jeep a month ago and need to take it out more. I wheel now on about 300 acres in stafford. There is lots to do from mud, to hill climbs, to busting up your whole vehicle. Just depends on what your in the mood for.
You wheel on your own 300 acres or is it an open area?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Reviving this thread. I just got my first jeep last night and I'm lookin for some jeep mentors in the NOVA area as well as some trails to ride.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts