Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'll be traveling to Phoenix to visit a friend in about a week and will hopefully have my Wrangler Sahara with 31's and no lift by then. What are some fun trails that a stock TJ would be able to handle no problem that arnt too far outside Phoenix?

Thanks,

Danny

·
Registered
84 Posts
May I recommend a trip to the Harquahala's and the old solar observatory?

It's west of Phx, and takes you to the top of the highest point in southern AZ. It's perfect for a solo day trip. Nothing extreme - it should be perfect for a stock Sahara.

BLM Arizona Recreation - Harquahala Mountain Summit Road Scenic Drive

I personally wouldn't recommend going to Crown King the back way unless you have an experienced local trail guide.

·
Registered
23 Posts
May I recommend a trip to the Harquahala's and the old solar observatory?

It's west of Phx, and takes you to the top of the highest point in southern AZ. It's perfect for a solo day trip. Nothing extreme - it should be perfect for a stock Sahara.

BLM Arizona Recreation - Harquahala Mountain Summit Road Scenic Drive

I personally wouldn't recommend going to Crown King the back way unless you have an experienced local trail guide.
This sounds like a nice run, I'll be checking it out soon. But, whats up with the "highest point in southern AZ"? There are tons of mountains higher in S AZ. According to Wkipedia the peak is @ 5682'. Mount Lemon is 9157', Four Peaks is also higher @ 7657'.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts