Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Baltimore and wanna know where the spots are to go offroading, preferably legal, that are somewhat close to MD so I can make a day trip. Help please! Thanks.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The best place is Rausch Creek in PA. It is just north of Harrisburg and has something for everyone. Another option now is RedCloud Offroad in NoVa. It is more tame than Rausch but can still be fun. Rausch is open every weekend but RedCloud is only open on specific weekends but there are a lot of them quite honestly. There is also Big Dogs a bit farther down in Va but i have not been there yet so i cant really comment on the trails there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not mentioned yet:

Near Harrisonburg Va there are 2 mild trails that are legal if you buy a $5 permit available at local gas stations. Taskers Gap and Peters Mill Run in Edinburg Va. They are very easy trails... stock vehicles and first-timers will have a fun time. On 31's with my ZJ it was not challenging whatsoever, but fun for the kids and there is trailside camping.

For more built rigs there's Shoe Creek Trail and Levels which are free, no permit. I wheel them a few times a month. Minimum 31" tires. Anything less and you can expect lots of scraping and banging over rocks.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts