Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys- new to the forum and my Jeep for that matter. I have a 1 year old son and another due next month so I won't be getting any good Big Bear runs in for awhile! Any suggestions for day trips near Seal Beach/Huntington? I tried Silverado but that was kind of weak... anything comparable to Cleghorn would be great but it's difficult to get away for a full day. Sorry if this is a repost its difficult to get a good search in when I'm on my phone. I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum soon!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm new to this forum and just bought our first jeep. From the research I've found I'd bet the closest you'll find is in the Ortega Mountains. I believe it's called Wildomar OHV Park. Good luck and congrats on the fam.

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
Hi guys. Welcome to the forum. You have Azuza Canyon OHV which has Mud for days and some mild trails and a new concrete training area that will test your boiler plate bottoms and suspensions. Then You have Holy Jim Trail in Trabuco Canyon. Not much but it has some rock gardens to play in. Both are with in 30 minutes of Seal Beach and both are on youtube.
Bob

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks Bob. I've got a JKU and its pretty much stock beside 31s. I'll have to check out the "mild" stuff and learn more about my jeep before going too hog wild

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Gunner said:
Next time I go to Hemet I will PM you and maybe we can go somewhere and chow down for some lunch.
What you do Bob is this, when you go to Hemet, you take Bee Canyon to Pine Cove Road, and have lunch in Idyllwild. It's a nice little Forest Service Road, that takes you from the scrub brush through the high chaparral, and up into the pines. And then lunch at the Red Kettle. Makes for a nice afternoon. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All great feedback! Hopefully I can break away Saturday or Sunday... I've got the itch now that the trails have been watered down today ;)

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
What you do Bob is this, when you go to Hemet, you take Bee Canyon to Pine Cove Road, and have lunch in Idyllwild. It's a nice little Forest Service Road, that takes you from the scrub brush through the high chaparral, and up into the pines. And then lunch at the Red Kettle. Makes for a nice afternoon. Just sayin'.
Thanks Rob
I gotta look that up.
Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts