Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stationed at Offutt AFB and recently bought my first jeep! I was wondering if there are any established trails or groups that are near the omaha area?

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you take Q street west, WAY west, and cross the elkhorn river, there are some minimum maintenance roads and nice hills to climb. That's the best I've found.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There is not near offutt without driving for a bit. I have found some min maintained roacds ads near Nebraska city. Other than that Tuttle creek. I have not gotten to go yet. So no clue on how to get there but I here its a good time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am newer to the omaha area too, I would like to find a way to get to the sand bars on the Elkhorn river. I am from Wichita Kansas, Tuttle Creek is awesome

·
Registered
402 Posts
Unfortunately streams in Nebraska are not public property if you are touching the bottom. If you float it is waters of the state, sandbars and the bottom of rivers streams etc belong to the land owner. Many people get kicked off on the Platte every year for being out on sand bars. And recently.. Past couple of years kids have been shot at on the Elkhorn for stopping while tubing..

I also want to wheel on some sand bars..but if you don't know a landowner on the river you are Sol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That makes sense to me, I am not about to get shot at or get a trespassing ticket just to wheel a little. Looks like I will have to make some friends up here until I decide to head back to Tuttle creek

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah I have wanted to just jump off the road n have a good time but I definaty ain't getting shot n I don't feel like dealing with cops.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not really sure there is two groups that I know of Just jeeps of Omaha and Nebraska off-road association or something like that.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well I have no problems with meeting up some where but I'm not really free till after new years so it would have to b next moth some time

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah I know it is a long drive for me to go to Tuttle creek with 4:56 gears in my jeep but I try to make it twice a year at least

1 - 20 of 90 Posts