Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The nearest trail is almost 4 hours away. I also found the Starr motors Suffolk one but that only open in like big events

·
Registered
81 Posts
Starr has a lot of stock friendly stuff to do, but yes, there area couple things there a stock rig will not be able to do. They are only open for certain events, whether they be club related or 4WD community related. Their next event is the Off-Road Day on May 7th, which is their biggest event of the year. There are always tons of people there and they do a show, raffles, and of course, wheeling. It's just pretty busy.

As for VB specifically, no, there isn't anything. Corolla (free access) and the rest of the Outer Banks (permit required) have beach access and depending on traffic can take 2 hours or more to get there.

Otherwise it's all west of us, mainly GWNF stuff. Show Creek is currently closed and that was a stock friendly trail. Big Levels is still open, as is Flag Pole. Both of those can be done with a stock wrangler using bypasses on certain sections. Some of Uwharrie can be done stock.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Starr has a lot of stock friendly stuff to do, but yes, there area couple things there a stock rig will not be able to do. They are only open for certain events, whether they be club related or 4WD community related. Their next event is the Off-Road Day on May 7th, which is their biggest event of the year. There are always tons of people there and they do a show, raffles, and of course, wheeling. It's just pretty busy. As for VB specifically, no, there isn't anything. Corolla (free access) and the rest of the Outer Banks (permit required) have beach access and depending on traffic can take 2 hours or more to get there. Otherwise it's all west of us, mainly GWNF stuff. Show Creek is currently closed and that was a stock friendly trail. Big Levels is still open, as is Flag Pole. Both of those can be done with a stock wrangler using bypasses on certain sections. Some of Uwharrie can be done stock.
Just got my 2016 Willys serviced Starr and was told about an off-road club sponsored there. The person I talked to didn't know when their next meeting was. Do they meet at the dealership?

Where is their Off Road Day held?

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just got my 2016 Willys serviced Starr and was told about an off-road club sponsored there. The person I talked to didn't know when their next meeting was. Do they meet at the dealership?

Where is their Off Road Day held?

Thanks
Starr does have their own "club". You can request to join them on Meetup.com (link below). They don't really do club meetings, but it's really just a way to keep everyone informed of events happening at Starr's playground there at the dealership. The playground is behind the service shop.
STARR MOTORS OFF ROAD CLUB (Suffolk, VA) - Meetup

May 7th is their next event, and that is the annual Off-road Day. It is at Starr and runs from 9am-4pm, and is open to all 4wd vehicles.

Cost is $25 to play; $15 to be in the Truck and Jeep show-n-shine contest; $30 to do both. If all you want to do is watch other people and not wheel, it's free.
http://www.meetup.com/starr4wdc/
All the proceeds go to Relay for Life, so by wheeling, you're helping save lives. Well worth it IMO.

They'll have food and drinks you can buy, a RTI ramp, a winching class after the lunch break, and quite a few raffles in the afternoon. Raffle prizes in the past have been a full set of Goodyears of your choice (up to a 35"), Hi-Lift jacks, Budget Boost lifts, winches, and gift certificates to various off-road companies. including Starr's off-road shop.
http://www.meetup.com/starr4wdc/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts