Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, when I had my Jk I ran two different bumpers one for off roading with tire carrier and racks.. And one for city driving since I only drive 4 miles to work I run without a spare in the city.. For the jk to cover up the vents and original tire carrier holes I had something that was called a Tramp stamp.. Is there something similar for Tj's or something you guys are doing to cover up the vents in the rear? Thanks guys

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey guys, when I had my Jk I ran two different bumpers one for off roading with tire carrier and racks.. And one for city driving since I only drive 4 miles to work I run without a spare in the city.. For the jk to cover up the vents and original tire carrier holes I had something that was called a Tramp stamp.. Is there something similar for Tj's or something you guys are doing to cover up the vents in the rear? Thanks guys
no vents.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
You're talking about the piece that goes in the middle to cover up where the spare tire mounts. No need for a TJ, the back is clean just have some bolts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I think 2003 to 2006 do indeed have the vents in the gate. They moved them from the hardtop to the tailgate.

J

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
wish I had that vent in my tailgate... my Hard Top is newer, no vents.... tends to whistle going down the road with blower on max.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Motobilt has one with a bottle opener. :beerdrinking:
mototrampstamp.jpg

·
Registered
628 Posts
This one is good. You can find it on Amazon, but I'm not sure if it is for JK or TJ.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Not what I was picturing from the subject of the thread...

·
Registered
617 Posts
It drives me crazy that they have to put their stupid logo in everything they sell. I'm going to end up covering it up somehow when I put my trailgate on.
Same here, I figured I'd cut out a piece of 3/16" steel using their "tramp stamp" as a template.

·
Registered
565 Posts
to me a "tramp stamp" is the plate that covers the panel below the tailgate, not some vent cover on the gate itself

·
Registered
741 Posts
wish I had that vent in my tailgate... my Hard Top is newer, no vents.... tends to whistle going down the road with blower on max.
I replaced my 99 tailgate with one from a 06 for that reason.

·
Registered
617 Posts
to me a "tramp stamp" is the plate that covers the panel below the tailgate, not some vent cover on the gate itself
Yep, that's the part I'm going to make when I buy their trail gate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts