Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here's my situation. Ordered new tires/wheels from DTD without tpms sensors. I'm replacing my OEM tires/wheels which have the sensors.

What do you think it would cost to have them transfered to the new set. Keeping in mind I would need both the current set of 5 tires removed and put back on and the same thing dones to the new set of 5 tires???

What would a shop charge to remove and remount a tire typically? Trying to see if worth the hassle or should I just throw down $150 for a ProCal tool?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Trying to see if worth the hassle or should I just throw down $150 for a ProCal tool?
This.

Does much more than adjust the TPMS. Also recalibrates your speedo, allows you to set your DRL's, clear diagnostic codes, adjust shift points (on autos), etc.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This.

Does much more than adjust the TPMS. Also recalibrates your speedo, allows you to set your DRL's, clear diagnostic codes, adjust shift points (on autos), etc.
Will it read diagnostic codes as well???

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Specialty Tool exchange

Mis-post

·
Proud Wrangler Owner
717 Posts
I was charged $80.00 for the following service for all 5 tires/wheels and this was at the dealership.

1. Remove TPMS Sensors from stock wheels
2. Install TPMS sensors on new wheels and balance/mount new wheels

The stock wheels were not re-balanced after the sensors were removed. They need to be, though but I didn't want to spend any more money and I sold them that way.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: The AEV Procal Module, will stay with you for as long as you own the jeep and change tires 100 times--WITH NO ADDITIONAL COST-so

Not only will it modify the TPMS sys, to whatever you want, but it'll recall your speedo-EVERY TIME YOU CHANGE TIRES-or

If you want/need to, with the AEVPM, you can raise your idle speed upto 2000rpm + and controlit with your dimmer sw.

Lotta benefits to the AEVPM, $149 bucks is very well spent !

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, i think you are all convincing me to get a procal

any tips on a good place to pick one up (free shipping would be a plus)?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I bought mine directly from AEV, but that was because they'd just released the 2012 version, and a lot of vendors didn't have the new ones yet.

If you PM one of the forum vendors you might be able to get free shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts