Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have an automatic tranmission Jeep Wrangler JK [2009] and I am looking to install a transmission cooler.

I have ordered the Mushimoto kit, which seems to be geared up for the mod.

However, as I am doing this mod myself and for the first time ever, I have some extremely basic questions on the mod itself.

1. Where are the transmission lines located? - How do I identify them. I have been looking at this website:

B&M Automatic Transmission SuperCooler 70268 Jeep Wrangler

Which gives a good idea of how to carry out the mod, however I am still struggling - is there a diagram or a pdf someone could share to help me locate it exactly?

2. I understand that the 'input' [Supply] should be at the bottom end of the cooler and the 'output' [Return] should be at the top. I need someone to confirm this for me please.

3.Any additional info/advice you could give - it would really help.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Good idea to install the cooler. Pre-2012 JK automatics have severely under spec factory trans coolers. Highly suggest you watch Mishimoto's video. It will explain all the details.

On your '09 the upper line is the return. You will cut the rubber flex section apart, tap into the line as I comes from the factory cooler, run a line to the Mishimoto, then run another line from the Mishimoto to the other end where you made the cut. The manufacturer supplies mounting brackets and the hardware needed to make the splices into the factory line. Nice kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks SoK66 for the help! I have watched the videos and I went to the extent of sending Mushimoto an email too, they have sent me the standard installation instructions which are on their website - not too impressed with that! I have asked them the question again :| lets see what they come back with.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Installed one of these on a friend's JKU. The video will get you through the hard parts. Which line to cut. And how the brackets mount. It goes on the driver's side because that is where the cooling line run. The brackets only fit one way once you figure that out.

Pretty simple install. I have one for the missus rig now.

EDIT: Mishimoto cooler.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts