Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently replaced my clutch myself. At first it was all fine just seemed a little soft so I replaced my slave too.

A couple months later I noticed I was occasionally missing gears.

Now there are times when I can't even get it into first at a stop light and I have to pump my clutch. And almost every-time I down shift into 2nd it grinds unless I'm going very slow or put it into gear very easy.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Recently replaced my clutch myself. At first it was all fine just seemed a little soft so I replaced my slave too.

A couple months later I noticed I was occasionally missing gears.

Now there are times when I can't even get it into first at a stop light and I have to pump my clutch. And almost every-time I down shift into 2nd it grinds unless I'm going very slow or put it into gear very easy.

Any ideas as to what is going on?
I dont now whats wrong, but mine does the same thing. I was gonna try to bleed mine but havent gotten around to it....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try to bleed it by taking the cap off the master unbolt the slave and pump it with your hand about ten times. You can have someone watch the res and if they see bubbles thats your problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts