Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trans American Trail 4x4 June? 2022

Very early stages of a planned trip of Sam C's Original TAT starting in WV and ending at the border of Wisc. Following the red TAT route on the map below. Will edit route to see more of America's Natural beauties. Grand Canyon, Badlands, Moab, that are close enough.
Map Ecoregion World Natural environment Atlas

3 Weeks? Need to get a hold of Sam's maps/charts and gps tracks to determine the exact route we will take and how long we will need, along with sleeping accommodations.
5-6 days camping/1-2 days Motels Week (chance to take a hot shower, maybe laundry)
Can meet anywhere along the trial. Of course you can join us or leave us at anytime.
Or be a host close enough to the trail for replenishing the mind and water etc.

Other ideas
Film documentary
Clean up not only after ourselves, but organize a clean a trail program along the way.
Organize a drive a mile marathon to donate to conservationism
other to come below

If anyone is interested in helping with planning the trip, please contact me anytime. Even if you know of a waypoint that would be worthwhile to add to our itinerary. Repost on any other forum or facebook (which I have never had an account with).

The wife and I will be leaving from the metro Detroit area in our 17 JKU Rubicon Recon. Trailhead looks to be almost a 12 hour ride for us.

·
Registered
605 Posts
If I could swing it, I wouldn't mind joining for a bit of it that is local to me. I'm in Boise, but would be up for probably Moab to Cheyenne. I usually take a big camping trip the first part of June with a friend so would need to see if it could be compatible with that.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
Following for possible joining

·
Registered
‘21 JLUR, AEV 2.5 DualSport, 35x12.5x20 BFGoodrich M/T KM3, 20x10(-19mm) Wheels
270 Posts
Trans American Trail 4x4 June? 2022

Very early stages of a planned trip of Sam C's Original TAT starting in WV and ending at the border of Wisc. Following the red TAT route on the map below. Will edit route to see more of America's Natural beauties. Grand Canyon, Badlands, Moab, that are close enough.
View attachment 4523639
can meet anywhere along the trial
3 Weeks? Need to get a hold of Sam's maps/charts and gps tracks to determine the exact route we will take and how long we will need, along with sleeping accommodations. Of course you can join us or leave us at anytime.
5 days camping/2 days Motels Week (chance to take a hot shower, maybe laundry)

If anyone is interested in helping with planning the trip, please contact me anytime. Even if you know of a waypoint that would be worthwhile to add to our itinerary. Repost on any other forum or facebook (which I have never had an account with).

The wife and I will be leaving from the metro Detroit area in our 17 JKU Rubicon Recon
That’s quite the ride! Hopefully we’ll get to see some awesome pics!

And I’d remove your email address as there are “web spider” programs that seek out information like this on various web pages that spammers harvest. I recommend just telling people to PM you instead.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, great to see some enthusiasm about joining. I have this thread posted on several different forums and have had a lot of interest it seems. I think the next step is to get a hold of the maps from Sam C. On your advise I have removed my email so please PM me if you'd like to join us, get into the logistics of the trip, or any questions not answered in this tread.

I will be updating, answering questions raised and brainstorming often and as much as needed.

one idea that I thought of as I was typing the above, finding host along the trail if for nothing else some moral support or {some place to refresh water tanks,} I'll add to this as I think about it

·
Super Moderator
13,978 Posts
I knew about the TAT, but I hadn't heard of Shadow of the Rockies Trail. That's something that I'd be interested in doing with Mrs. Lucky next year.
After looking at the website I remembered hearing that some of the trail is blocked as it went across private property. Now, I realize that there are different versions of TAT. The version that Bauerman posts looks like the one to use. Thanks to @Bauerman for the good version.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts