Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Trans Cooler line leak

7K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  cnd_eh 
#1 ·
I was at work today and noticed a wet spot under the front of the jeep. I got down and seen that it was fresh. I looked under the jeep and seen red fluid dripping off the flex hoses. It looks like it's coming from the fitting. Can I replace just the hoses or do I need to replace the whole line from cooler to trans? I don't want to rig something together I want it done correctly.

#4 ·
I think there is a website you can put your Vin in and it will check for you.

Mine was a 2012 and they did min along with the head that they replaced I only dropped off for the head to be done as I did not know about the Trans lone having a recall until I came home to have a. Recall notice in the mail...

I hope all goes well at the dealer for you!

#5 ·
The recall is 2012, and partial 2013 applicable!

I just had mine done.

#8 ·
Send a pic of the leak. There may be an alternative repair that you are able to do yourself.

#10 ·
Seems awful expensive for a leak at a fitting. I suggest a second opinion.

I would even find a shop that will hoist it up and show you what is wrong.

Too close to holidays to spend too much money unless you have too.

#12 ·
Don't wait too long. Leaks never fix themselves.

#13 ·
My 2010 JK also has this problem ...I repaired myself ..Chrysler Care is Full of Shit ...they Wanted me to split cost w Dealer ....the lines are known to be Faulty ...and they are replacing lines w same old Faulty Lines ....that's gonna leak again ... I spent 2 weeks going back and forth w Chrysler that I just got fed up ...went to auto parts store and bought repair parts ....less than $25 ....I also installed a Trans Cooler ...No Leaks in over a year .....

Auto part Pipe Fuel line

#15 ·
Paz. Can you please share the brand of that cooler. Looks like something I would like to add to my JKU

#17 ·
Thank you. Putting it on my wish list for xmas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.