Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright jeepers, I need some guidance. I bought a 2012 JKUR built to the 9s, and all appears to have been done properly. solid lift, steering correction, gearing, etc. there is a very long list of upgrades.

However, this jeep has had some gremlins in the past that we (myself and PO) thought were resolved. Long story short, it was going into limp mode, dealer found what they thought was a faulty Transfer Case position sensor, and replaced the transmission with a brand new one. This was about a 60 day process between my initial test drive until I actually purchased it after beating on it for a week prior.

Very limited offroad, no mud. Mostly trails, climbing obstacles, etc.
Here's the issue. About two weeks ago I was riding down the interstate at 60 or so, and all of a sudden the transmission would shift to N, back to 5, back to N, etc. It did this for the ride home, sometimes with 30 seconds in between shifts, sometimes almost immediate. This wasn't like the trans was slipping, all shifts were smooth. Once I got to a light and accelerated out, it did it thru all gears. Well, it did it to me again last night, same scenario.

fluid is full, and doesn't appear to have any issues. Gear changes verified by my superchips display, no codes or lights with one exception. Occasionally, when I turn left I would get a warning "ding", but no lights. Last night my TC light would flash very briefly when the issue was happening and the ESCOFF would accompany it, same brief flash.

I've put about 3K on it since I bought it with the new tranny, and this is the first issues.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I've put about 3K on it since I bought it with the new tranny, and this is the first issues.
So if I understand correctly this transmission was replaced.

If so, this prevoius repair/replacement is where I would start: When you are shifting from P to R to N, do you feel that the shift lever is adjusted correctly?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What if you remove the flashcal?
I'm not running any programs, just correcting the tire size and gearing, etc.

So if I understand correctly this transmission was replaced.

If so, this prevoius repair/replacement is where I would start: When you are shifting from P to R to N, do you feel that the shift lever is adjusted correctly?
It seems to be. I don't notice any lag in shifts and it feels correct. This doesn't happen every time I drive it, but when it does I'm typically driving 60-65 mph when it starts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts