Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to install a transfer case drop and what tools are necessary to install it. I want to make sure i have everything ready for when i install my lift. dont want to run into any problems. thanks

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
does anyone know how to install a transfer case drop and what tools are necessary to install it. I want to make sure i have everything ready for when i install my lift. dont want to run into any problems. thanks

you unbolt T-case skid plate from the jeep(jack under skid), add as many washers as necessary b/w frame and skid and put the bolts back

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
its easy as hell .... borrow a motorcycle / atv jack if you can, makes life very easy.

as stated before:

jack up the jack
unbolt skid
lower jack enough to fit spacers in
put in spacers
put bolts in
jack up the jack
tighten
go wheelin

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
The instructions in my RE kit made it even easier--no jack required. Loosen all 6 bolts, then drop the three on one side. Insert the spacers and new bolts hand tight. Repeat on the other side then torque everything in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would also loosen the four bolts on the Transfer case mount. This will allow it to move when the T-Case is lowered.

Tools
Ratchet and sockets, Torque wrench.
Recomended Torque is 55 ft lbs.

You may need longer bolts if you're just adding washers. I did not, and I lowered mine about 1/2 inch.
I've since installed the JKS BB and BMML so I removed the t-case drop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts