Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to how a transfer case drop is done, need some knowledge from the jeep salt dogs. Is a Tcase drop done just by putting spacer between the skid plate and frame? If that's not exactly it, please teach.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
That's exactly it. :)

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
It is also avoidable. Not a great idea.

Why pay for a lift just to lower the Tcase.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
It is also avoidable. Not a great idea.

Why pay for a lift just to lower the Tcase.
To use as temporary. So you can have a lift when you cant afford an SYE and drive shift. Thats What im looking at doing. 3" lift now and an SYE and tom woods when I get my income tax. :thumb:

·
Registered
14,065 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, what is MML? And, I notice that I have a Tcase drop from the PO and I can't tell if there's any lift at all or how much lift if there is one. Is the SYE and, what is it a double cardan shaft, a hard install to do? Do I have to remove the Tcase from the vehicle?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
MML= Motor Mount Lift

Raises engine 1" up to decrease rear driveline angle

I had and idea that I never heard mention before...

The lopro tranny mount from UCF will drop the t-case 1" lower to the skid... Virtually a t-case drop that doesn't affect ground clearance. Does the same thing as a MML only to the rear of the drivetrain and not the front. Now I cannot say for certain if this will work 100% without and additional mods( other than adjusting fan shroud for clearance.. Same mod for MML) but looking at it, I don't see why not

Just a thought ....

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I don't think a transfer case drop is bad. Considering the wheeling that you do (or not), it may actually be the best solution. From an expense standpoint, a transfer case drop is very attractive vs. a SYE. Initially when I first lifted my Jeep, I ran with a slight transfer case drop by using washers as opposed to an actual spacer. Later I removed the washers when I installed my motor mount lift.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I've heard that the 03-06 TJs have the skip plate and transfer case about 2 inches lower (I think it was to make room for the rubicon a air locker system?). So would that mean you could get away with a small lift (2 in or so) on an 03-06 TJ without worrying about an SYE?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts