Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2011 JK Rubicon 2door. I was having some problems with noise in my transfer case when in 4wd(ticking clicking) and would tick faster and faster as I accelerated. I found out that my chain was stretched and was flapping against the T-case cover. The chain has 49 link, 3 blue links instead of the 42 link, 2 blue link chain that everyone around here including our local jeep shop said that I needed. that being said, I picked up the used chain with 42 links and it would not fit. My drive and driven sprockets are both in good condition with no apparent damage. Did the previous owner swap T-cases or am I not doing something right? My red and silver tag reads NP241J, no NP241OR for the roc trac or the standard NP241. For some reason I cant find any information and was hoping someone here can point me in the right direction as to if I need to purchase the correct T-case(which I really don't want to do unless I absolutely have to), buy a 49 link chain, or some other option. Any help, input or knowledge is welcome!

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts