Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was heading up Pearl Pass this last Sunday when I needed to get into 4 low. I shifted into 4 low, and started to drive and as soon as there was torgue on the system, it popped out of 4 low. It stays in 4 high, but pops out of 4 low the entire time I was driving up and down the mountain. Any ideas why it would pop out of 4 low?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Have you put a lift on it lately or dropped your transfer case? If so the linkage will need to be readjusted.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I replaced my mechanical linkage with a cable setup from Steinjager. PM me for more info. It installed easy and does away with all the messy and problemsome linkage.

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
So I was heading up Pearl Pass this last Sunday when I needed to get into 4 low. I shifted into 4 low, and started to drive and as soon as there was torgue on the system, it popped out of 4 low. It stays in 4 high, but pops out of 4 low the entire time I was driving up and down the mountain. Any ideas why it would pop out of 4 low?
Was Pearl open? I bypassed it and went the Richmond Ridge/Taylor Pass route this past week. Online info was saying probably closed till next year from what I was reading.

Re: shifting. Even with a cable shifter, is it adjusted correctly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, there is a large snow field about 150 yards of where I stopped. I was just about 50 feet above timberline. The snow was getting deeper and the amount of water coming down was amazing! The trail was almost flowing as much as Castle Creek was!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts