Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the skid plate and am about to remove the Transfer Case.
I noticed Oil all over the TC and the under side of the tub. Shit is everywhere.
I recently (3 months ago) had a SYE installed into the TC (NP 231)

Is this normal. I drained the fluid from the transfer case and a bunch came out. Please see the attached pics.

FYI: The last pic is of the removed shifter. There is oil pooled on this as well...

WTH is happening?

Attachments

·
Registered
948 Posts
How much is a bunch? Did you overfill the TC or did any water get into it? Maybe the extra is trying to escape. Is there any loose bolts or cracks?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I see you have the super short sye, I just installed mine about two months ago and had two such leaks, one was the bolt at the 7 o'clock position on the nose piece as you look forward ....I pulled that out and lost just about all the fluid I had in it or so it seemed ...cleaned it up and used form a gasket on it and let it dry filled it up cleaned it off and found the second one the sensor for the speedometer that o ring doesn't do squat from what I found out cleaned that up and used form a gasket on the flange installed and let that dry and have been leak free since so I guess i would say fill it up first so you know your fluid level clean it all off with brake clean then dry it off, then run it and see where your leaking.... once its clean and dry it won't be hard to see where its coming from.
Best
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts