Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently installed a SYE kit, lifted the Jeep installed cardan Cv shaft. Did drop the skid plate 1' in the rear twoards the cv shaft, The problem I am experiencing is when I drive down the road its slipping into 4 wheel high. I am not sure why its doing this. Anyone have this problem before?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Was there an adapter for the transfercase shifter. Maybe since you lowered the transfercase the shifter is hirmting the tub inside. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Sounds like a body lift issue. Is there a body lift on it? I know on alot of rigs the tub needs to be trimmed after a body lift and sometimes even after a tcase drop. The shifter hits the tub under flex and will pop the tcase into N or 4hi.

·
Registered
214 Posts
RednekYJ said:
Sounds like a body lift issue. Is there a body lift on it? I know on alot of rigs the tub needs to be trimmed after a body lift and sometimes even after a tcase drop. The shifter hits the tub under flex and will pop the tcase into N or 4hi.
When people are "flexing" aren't they usually in 4wd?

·
Registered
3 Posts
sounds like you simply need to adjust the linkage on your t case. it most likely out of adjustment with the drop you put on the skidplate.

·
Registered
102 Posts
No, there are things called lockers. It's kinda fun to see the S#!t you can go through in 2wd sometimes. That is not my point.:punk:
Agree I do the same sometimes. My brother and I play "who's gota use 4WD first"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts