Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my transfer case shifter is bouncing around like its barely on the square shift nub...any ideas how to make the lever slide on tight? The oem inserts that went inside the shift lever and over the transfer case nub are useless now I even tried bending them, which makes it tight for one shift lol...hard to get in low range with the wabbley shifter....the nub is solid thankfully

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey my transfer case shifter is bouncing around like its barely on the square shift nub...any ideas how to make the lever slide on tight? The oem inserts that went inside the shift lever and over the transfer case nub are useless now I even tried bending them, which makes it tight for one shift lol...hard to get in low range with the wabbley shifter....the nub is solid thankfully
I did some work on my 95 and went to put it all back together shift boot and lever and I also now have a wobbly shifter. What did you do to remedy yours?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I slapped some JB weld onto mine about 4 yrs ago after it kept pulling off in the winter and havent had a problem since, tight as could be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts