Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I went to drop my skid plate the other day and 3 of my nutserts stripped off in the frame, so I had to cut the bolts off with a torch. Which ultimately lead to the bushings that go between the skid plate and the frame to catch on fire.

The problem is I cant find any replacement bushings anywhere. I called quadratec and they said "we wouldn't carry anything like that". I have a 3.75" suspension lift on it and I called Rough Country also and they said they never included those in the kit and couldn't help me out.

Does anywhere know where/what I need to get? Any help is appreciated!

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Hey guys so I went to drop my skid plate the other day and 3 of my nutserts stripped off in the frame, so I had to cut the bolts off with a torch. Which ultimately lead to the bushings that go between the skid plate and the frame to catch on fire.

The problem is I cant find any replacement bushings anywhere. I called quadratec and they said "we wouldn't carry anything like that". I have a 3.75" suspension lift on it and I called Rough Country also and they said they never included those in the kit and couldn't help me out.

Does anywhere know where/what I need to get? Any help is appreciated!
Sounds like someone installed a transfer case drop kit to deal with drive line vibes due to the lift. The stock set up is to bolt the skid directly to the frame. You can do a search online for transfer case drop kit and probably come up with some spacers, or if they are not very thick, stack some washers.

Get a hold of XTRyan, one of the vendors here: http://search.extremeterrain.com/se...e+lowering+kit&vwcatalog=yhst-134676801646993

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,900 Posts
i'm guessing you are talking about a transfer case drop.

from the factory, there wasnt anything between the skid plate and frame rail

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh I bet thats what it is! Thats weird though because the drop kit was already installed when I bought the jeep but I put the lift kit on...weird.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I would get a MML and hopefully you can lose the TC drop. Or at least eliminate the tc drop to a couple washers

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in the middle of a v8 swap right now and I'm stuck with novaks motor mounts so I don't think a mml is really an option

1 - 8 of 8 Posts