Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a good replacement for an np231 transfer case...when a load is put on engine in 4 lo and 4 high then let off ...there's a violent bang , sounds like shit broken in there...I've owned the yj for 4 yrs and it's done the same thing even after a rebuild...recent upgrades got me wondering if I should just build up a badass Np231 w new gears ,chain, shafts, bearings, all the internals or replace it with a stronger tc...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
What's a good replacement for an np231 transfer case...when a load is put on engine in 4 lo and 4 high then let off ...there's a violent bang , sounds like shit broken in there...I've owned the yj for 4 yrs and it's done the same thing even after a rebuild...recent upgrades got me wondering if I should just build up a badass Np231 w new gears ,chain, shafts, bearings, all the internals or replace it with a stronger tc...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm putting in an np241D from a dodge 2500 for my v8 swap with JB conversions super short sye. Has the same bolt pattern as the jeep np231 and my input swapped over no problem. I have an np231 built up with a wide chain from a dodge durango and a 6 pinion planetary from an np241c and sye. Good upgrades and check out my build thread if you want more info on that

·
Registered
250 Posts
I just pulled out my NP231. I'll sell it cheap lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts