Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to buy the back half of a transfer case and was curious where everyone goes, doesn’t need to be crazy, just a stock replacement, when my driveshaft broke out, I thought it only damaged the end of transfercase where the d/s connects, but it put a hairline crack in the main rear case. Any sites/compnies would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
10,506 Posts
JeeperM151 is looking for a back half.
Depending on where each of you live, it might be productive for you guys to PM one another.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I use ebay sometimes you can find them cheap. Here is one that should work but the drain and fill plugs are the later 97+ stye but it shouldn't matter. You could probbaly use any NP231/NP233 cover even from a Chevy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NP231-231-J-231-D-Jeep-Dodge-Transfer-Case-Rear-Cover-Case-Half/401753682932?epid=1529961168&hash=item5d8a62b3f4:g:vAcAAOSwsrBcbvNH

The NP233 is just an electronically shifted NP231 besides the electric shift motor rest of it is the same

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NP233C-Transfer-Case-Rear-Cover-Casting-C-16117AT/292925800202?hash=item4433bcff0a:g:4tkAAOSwn4ZcQ0Ec

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same thing happened to me, had a trickle of fluid leaking out. I sealed it up with JB weld(hack i know) for the meantime and its been dry. If it starts seeping out again ill get a case half.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Patrick, only problem with that is I would want to pull it to seal inside and out, but that’s a good temp fix Til I can get one. T

·
Registered
14 Posts
Patrick, only problem with that is I would want to pull it to seal inside and out, but that’s a good temp fix Til I can get one. T
I pulled mine, took it all apart, replaced the main shaft, seals, extension housing, had to delete the synchro since the new shaft was from a later case. Put it all back together without noticing the tiny crack, filled it with ATF and saw the slow leak. So at that point i said F it and sealed it with JB weld. Im looking for a case half to get, and when I get the time will replace it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts