Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I start the day with my Coffee and Cigs and head out to the Jeep to take a spin around the farm and over on the bog side I put it in 4 low. All's fine, I do the loop and am coming back to park over by the Van and Ramcharger, but once out of the field back on the lawn, I stop to shift out of 4 low into 2 high....... awwww crum.... it won't shift, the friggin lever must have broke cause it's flopping like it's not connected to anything. Aww Man...! Ok I'm picturing all kinds of scenarios from a hole in the trans to sheared off something somethings. So I get out my flex 5/16 screwdriver and undo the few screws that hold down the rubber boot. So I get them all out and fish up the boot only to discover the lever is two piece on my 95 YJ and it had simply slipped out, and would then flop in any direction. As You can see the fix was a simple one, wriggle the lever back and let it clip into place, a testlight to align the holes, and put the screws back in. Works fine now, and no left over spare screws lol. Hope this helps if it happens to you.......:)

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts