Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
It did for me. Assuming you don't mean a 3 inch body lift that is. Now since I have a 1.25 body lift along with a lame TC drop I had to weld an extension to the shift rod to get it to adjust enough for it all to work.

·
That WF guy.
21,557 Posts
Colin said:
So since mine is all suspension there should be no welding required then right?
No welding.

Colin said:
Yes the one that came with the zone lift kit
Did you install a shifter linkage drop plate....or... Adjust the shifter linkage after you dropped the t-case skid?

When a tcase drop is used you move the drivetrain down the issue ther is.... The 4wd linkage is connected to the tcase...then to the body of the jeep. This plays with the linkage and can throw it out of wack.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The advanced adapters bracket worked for me. I had the skyjacker drop bracked that came with my kit but it did not have enough adjustment to avoid binding. The new bracket mounts the linkage to the transfercase rather than the body and can be adjusted if you do other drivline mods

BTW I have 4.5" skyjacker with transfer case drop

·
Registered
1,688 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you want to go all out check this out. I just ordered one this week.
Novak Transfer Case Shifter 231
this is what i have.. before the cable shifter i had the novak linkage type. both are better than stock.

the cable version is much better in my opinion and definitly more trouble free abd easier to set up.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
The bracket is just a bandaid. Once you get around to doing things right by losing the t-case drop, tucking the belly, and running a SYE, you'll want the cable option. Super simple, robust, and it just shifts awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts