Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a manual 2011 Wrangler Sport. Only 49,000 miles.

Not long after I bought it (at 40,000 miles), I noticed that putting it in reverse you had to be careful sometimes. Occasionally it would not go in all the way and if you accelerated, it would grind. Not the worst thing - just had to be more careful and make sure it was in.

Now I'm having slight problems with 1st and 2nd. I say slight because a lot of it may just be in my head. Sometimes it does not want to go into first on the first attempt (rarely occurs but it does happen). For second, it sometimes seems like I'm forcing it into second and it's not always smooth like I imagine/hope it would be.

I'm writing now to ask for help so I can mitigate damages here. I don't want to mess up my baby already!

Please let me know what you think and if there is any immediate actions I can take to help out.

Thanks,

The Fish

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I would change the transmission fluid and use synthetic. Not knowing how it was driven for 40K miles I think that would be good to do even though I don't think that's your issue at 49k miles. Not knowing the history, you could need a clutch. A worn clutch can cause what you're describing. I think it's less likely that it's an internal trans. issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would change the transmission fluid and use synthetic. Not knowing how it was driven for 40K miles I think that would be good to do even though I don't think that's your issue at 49k miles. Not knowing the history, you could need a clutch. A worn clutch can cause what you're describing. I think it's less likely that it's an internal trans. issue.
Sounds good. I'll change the transmission fluid first and then go from there. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts