Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so to make a long story short I had to replace my i6 4.0 motor on my 92 YJ 4x4 due to a cracked block, Only to find out I also need to replace the transmission as it is locked up. Its an automatic trans (no laughing) 4 bolts for the flywheel to torque converter. What are my choices as far as an automatic replacement trans that will fit? What years will fit? Are there any compatible transmissions that will fit the motor that would be a better trans than what I had?? I found a 1990 Wrangler transmission, Transaxle auto trans with a 5 yr warranty for $800. Is this a good deal? And will it fit?...Also will any Grand Cherokee trannys fit the i6 4.0 in the yJ? Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
There are many transmissions you can get to fit. Check the Novak website. If you run an auto id say maybe a GM 700r or 400 turbo would be good upgrades. It would require some adaption to the t-case but novak will tell you what you need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts