Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a transmission cooler from a truck at the junk yard the other day. I going to mount it in front of my a/c condensor. Any thoughts or feelings on if I should put a fan on it or not?

On the same note what about converting the radiator to an electric fan and removing fan clutch and fan?

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
with a mechanical fan pulling a crap load of air, and moving down the road at whatever mph, why would you need a fan? I can see installing a pusher in front of the A/C condensor, for slow speed rock crawling, where airflow is an issue. Do you do a lot of slow speed stuff, and have you found airflow to be an issue?

also note many who remove the fan and fan clutch in favor of an electric fan end up disappointed, dumping money into blowing relays, fighting overheating issues, replacing the radiator thinking thats it, then they ultimately end up reinstalling the stock fan and a new fan clutch. The issues go away and they end up back where they started...with a good stock cooling system, but a few hundred bucks lighter.

·
Registered
8,424 Posts
I have a cooler in front of the ac condenser and it gets plenty of air and no need for a fan in front of it, I can crawl all day and get out and grab the cooler and its fine. The 2 best mods I've done is deep transmission pan and heavy duty fluid cooler

1 - 3 of 3 Posts