Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your thoughts...... Just purchased a used 2013 JK, Overall in ok shape nothing wrong but its not a cream puff. It is showing 105,000 miles, Do I change my transmission fluid? I don't know if its ever been done, but have heard nightmares from changing/flushing fluid.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Wouldn't be a bad idea. Not sure who had the idea to run the crossover pipe across the bottom of transmission pan. I had the same issue changing the oil in my 6 speed. This video explains a lot.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'd go so far as to recommend changing all the fluids, diffs, transfer case, trans, engine, and coolant. It can all be done in an afternoon and is very easy to do. That way you KNOW what's in there and when it was put in. Seems like people sell off vehicles as a big scheduled service is approaching...

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I'd go so far as to recommend changing all the fluids, diffs, transfer case, trans, engine, and coolant. It can all be done in an afternoon and is very easy to do. That way you KNOW what's in there and when it was put in. Seems like people sell off vehicles as a big scheduled service is approaching...
Change all the fluids and inspect everything, top to bottom. The more you do the more you learn. Better to find an issue in the garage than on the trail.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ya know.... while you're in there changing fluids... might as well toss a set of spark plugs in... they are due for a change around 100K...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ill admit I'm a YJ guy but with 2 kids so that is out the window. First automatic so I worry sometime with that.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Before you start give it a good steam bath. Leaks will be easier to find if there are any. The spark plugs are not that easy to change on the 3.6. Coolant is of the OAT type, a dealer item. Inspect the radiator for leaks first.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thanks Ill admit I'm a YJ guy but with 2 kids so that is out the window. First automatic so I worry sometime with that.
That W5A-580 5 speed auto was brought to the table by Mercedes - it is a rock solid transmission. The only way you will kill it is with water ingestion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts