Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious on a manual transmission. There isn't a dip stick right? It's like filling a axle right ? Theres a fill and drain plug on it right?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just curious on a manual transmission. There isn't a dip stick right? It's like filling a axle right ? Theres a fill and drain plug on it right?
Should be a fill bolt on the driver's side, and a drain bolt on the passenger side. I had to take the skid plate off. But no there is no dipstick on mine, when it starts to ooze out of the fill hole, then you are done. Not to hijack your thread, but if someone reading this can tell me if i just remount the skid plate, will my rear drive shaft be at the correct angle. The tranny drop slightly when i took the plate off. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
It should..the tranny sits on the skid plate with a mount.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
distortedtj said:
what year motor is in yours sir?
03 4.0 rubicon

Mine has been leaking a bit on my driveway I need to get on it tomorraow before I lose too much fluid. I'm hoping its a simple leak :)

·
That WF guy.
21,557 Posts
03 4.0 rubicon

Mine has been leaking a bit on my driveway I need to get on it tomorraow before I lose too much fluid. I'm hoping its a simple leak :)
You have a NV3550

Spec's.....
NV3550 - 2000-2004
* 5 speed manual
* Used with 6 cyl models
* 10 spline input
* 23 spline output
* Ratios:

1st - 4.01
2nd - 2.33
3rd - 1.39
4th - 1.00
5th - 0.78
Rev - 3.57

Completely different beast than the AX15...If you need further info feel free to PM me bud. :wavey:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
distortedtj said:
You have a NV3550

Spec's.....
NV3550 - 2000-2004
* 5 speed manual
* Used with 6 cyl models
* 10 spline input
* 23 spline output
* Ratios:

1st - 4.01
2nd - 2.33
3rd - 1.39
4th - 1.00
5th - 0.78
Rev - 3.57

Completely different beast than the AX15...If you need further info feel free to PM me bud. :wavey:
Thanks for the info and the ratios I was wondering what tranny I had. If I get stuck ill shoot you a pm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts