Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and this is my first post on WF.

I just bought a 93 yj with a newer engine and transmission. I absolutely love it.

But, shifting from 3rd to 4th there is a a small grind, I can usually stop this by holding the transmission in neutral for a moment and then moving it into fourth. Just wondering what it could be, and if any products, such as Lucas or a transmission stop slip could help.
Thank you all!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The synchros are starting to fail. Get some Pennzoil's Syncromesh. Takes just about 4 qts. I did and love how nice mine shifts. I've also heard regular 10W30 works too.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I have used Sycromesh, and Redline MT 90. IMO nothing shifts as good as plain Synthetic 10W30 motor oil. That is for my AX15. Not sure what you have since you say newer motor and trans.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The synchros are starting to fail. Get some Pennzoil's Syncromesh. Takes just about 4 qts. I did and love how nice mine shifts. I've also heard regular 10W30 works too.
X2. Syncromesh is the bomb diggity. The best part about it is, the longer you have it in there, the better it gets. I love that stuff. It brought my tranny back from the dead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts