Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine just a 87 4.2 5 speed yj. it was towed to him because there was no clutch pedal pressure and fluid would spill on your foot. so I replaced the clutch master in the fire wall. After bleeding it still won't hold pressure for long and when you start the Wrangler there is a knocking noise coming from the transmission. Almost sounds like when an engine has rod knock but definitely coming from the transmission. Any ideas what it could be? Damaged clutch causing the knocking and internal slave causing the lack of pressure? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
do you see anything leaking , the fluid you put in has to be go,ing somewhere since there has been a leak. also i would check fluid in trans.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Time to drop the trans, sounds like throwout bearing/slave problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No puddles anywhere in a fresh concrete garage with cardboard under it and no spills or stains. I was kinds thinking slave. Didn't think about the throw out bearing. Ill tell him it'll be best to pull the tranny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts