Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last summer I had a leak from what I thought was my transmission pan. I took it off and did see a few spots where the cork gasket looked like it was burned away. I replaced it with the Lubelocker gasket. Still had the same leak. I re-torqued all the bolts. It's still leaking. It leaks when the Jeep is sitting.

I wonder if it's not the pan. It looks like it's coming from above the pan. I checked the transmission lines and they seemed ok. I REALLY hope it's not that line towards the rear cuz that's a bear to reach. I felt all around under the lines and didn't feel any leaks. Could it be from a sensor or another place, or the pan still?

Thanks
Art

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope but it did stop leaking for now. I wonder if overfilling would leak in that area because the level is right where it should be now

·
Registered
215 Posts
Not sure. I had my gasket replaced a month ago and it is wet again. The shop is very reputable and will be looking at it again tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts