Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back story: I replaced my rotted skid plate with one from Barnes 4WD -- it sits 3/4" higher. There was a vibration so I bought a Rugged Ridge 18305.10 Transfer Case Lowering Kit. I forgot that in doing this that the threaded studs on the transmission mount wouldn't be long enough to get the nuts on. Searched, but not sure what to do. It there a transmission mount lowering kit? 99 TJ 6 cly/manual. Thanks

·
Registered
13,757 Posts
Washers on Top of the skid plate lowers the whole ass end of the TC/tranny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,757 Posts
If the kit just lowers the skid why do you have to change anything on the trans mount

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the kit just lowers the skid why do you have to change anything on the trans mount

Oh no...wait...it was late...I may have left the jack stand under the transmission...duh. I wish I could delete my post.

·
Registered
13,757 Posts
Then either something is keeping the transfer case from dropping down or there is something wrong with your new skid plate

Could you bolt the mount to the skid before adding the spacers
If you can first bolt it together like that then drop the skid down under floor jack support until you have room to add the spacers and then bolt the skid plate back on with the spacers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts