Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i posted in yj forum but thought i may get a bigger responce here. Today i drove my jeep to work and everything was fine, at lunch i went and got food and i noticed a wierd feeling in my clutch as i shifted, well then it gets worse. now when i puch my clutch in everything is fine, but when the jeep is in neutral and i let go of the clutch it makes a terrible grinding noise like the clutch is spinning and trying to grab gears still......
i cant figure out what exactly is going on. when i put it in gear and go it almost jumps and then goes but vibrates. My 4wd light is also stuck on but still shifts in and out of 4wd fine. any ideas on where i should start with this problem? clutch, clutch springs, 4wd system. i have no idea whats going on but need to fix it fast as it is my daily driver. its is a 95 yj 2.5 with the ax10 5speed. all input would be great.:banghead:

·
Registered
879 Posts
grinding in neutral is never a good thing, I'd start looking for another transmission

and you should have the AX5, which you can replace, or upgrade to an AX15

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think maybe it's tranny rebuild time, too.

:(

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i had one of my dudes come over today and listen to it, and he is a trans builder, he told me it sounds like the spring in the clutch let loose and to start with that, so i'm going to try and change out the bearings, clutch, pressure plate, fork and everything to see if this resolves my problem. havent changed clutch in years. lol

·
Registered
591 Posts
I hope that's all. Hopefully when you get it all apart, you can see if something shredded at the clutch and know what to do while it's all apart.
Good luck on it. At least it's not winter yet.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope that's all. Hopefully when you get it all apart, you can see if something shredded at the clutch and know what to do while it's all apart.
Good luck on it. At least it's not winter yet.

true but it has been so cold here in southern ohio the past week it may as well be. and yeah starting the tear apart tomorrow. We will find out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts