Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Jeeper
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K I just had my transmission replaced with a rebuilt one April 2011. And out of the blue starting last night it WILL NOT let me put it in gear. It's like there's a wall where I'm supposed to push stick for any gear... And it grinds when I try to put in reverse...

I didn't think it would b my clutch bc I've had no slipping or anything wrong with it. Jeep has only 73k miles on it...

Any suggestions what it is?

I've noticed it's harder to shift in colder weather since I moved to Ohio but it was never like this!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
can you put it into gear with the engine off?

Honestly is sounds like your clutch isn't disengaging when you press the pedal.

Check the fluid level in the clutch master cyl. Could also be a bad slave cyl, or bad fingers on the pressure plate.

·
Jeeper
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MechanicJay said:
can you put it into gear with the engine off?

Honestly is sounds like your clutch isn't disengaging when you press the pedal.

Check the fluid level in the clutch master cyl. Could also be a bad slave cyl, or bad fingers on the pressure plate.
Yes I can put stick in each slot when turned off... After it warms up a bit I can put it in gear but it took all I had to push it into gear... I've never had any issues wit clutch and today all the sudden this happened : P ugh!

·
Jeeper
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm really hoping it's my transmission or something with it because it's still under warranty from being replaced... So that would save me a lot of $$$$

1 - 5 of 5 Posts