Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem odd, I have looked at dozens of posts - Is the Transmission Selector Light in an automatic on whenever the key is on, or just on with the dash lights.
In two years of ownership I have never seen it on. I took it out, and with the dash lights (headlights) on, then the light comes on.
In the daylight do you just rely on the orange square that you can't see when you wear sunglasses?

TIA
Michael

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
This may seem odd, I have looked at dozens of posts - Is the Transmission Selector Light in an automatic on whenever the key is on, or just on with the dash lights.
In two years of ownership I have never seen it on. I took it out, and with the dash lights (headlights) on, then the light comes on.
In the daylight do you just rely on the orange square that you can't see when you wear sunglasses?

TIA
Michael
I just put it in D without looking, but I can see it in the daytime if I look at it. Maybe your sunglasses are too dark.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Just let go of the unlock button once it's out of park. It won't go any lower than D without the button being pushed.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Yes it illuminated with the dash lights... I have no problem seeing it in daylight tho

That said.. I can't see any reason to ever look at it... click once for R and then 2 more clicks or slap it back till it stops for D

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm not sure I understand what the question is but the bulb can be replaced (I just did mine) in 30 seconds. No tools needed. You can go to a lower wattage bulb too so it lights up brighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts